Gifford Insurance Resources
At Gifford Insurance we want to be your partner in making those tough decisions and guiding you through this sometimes difficult process in the marketplace.
We would like to provide you with as much information and tools for you to research on your own but we always know that we are here to assist you.
WHAT EACH PART COVERS
– Inpatient hospital stays
– Care in a skilled nursing facility
– Hospice care
– Some home health care
– No monthly premium
– Deductibles/copays (varies depending on the service)
*Example: If you were hospitalized for three days you must pay $1,316 for your Part A deductible.
Covers things like:
– Doctor visits
– Outpatient care
– Medical supplies
– Preventative services
– Mental Health services
– Ambulance services
– Laboratory tests and X-rays
– Rehabilitation services
– Home Health Care
– Monthly Premium
– Annual Deductible
– 80/20 coinsurance of Medicare approved amount
*Example: If the Doctor bill is $100, the beneficiary pays $20 or 20%.
(Also called a Medicare Advantage Plan)
– Part A
– Part B
– Many also cover part D
– Coverage is all under one plan administered by a private insurance company.
– Monthly premium varies between private insurance company
– If it covers part D, there may be a prescription Annual Deductible
– Copays for different services
(Also called Prescription Drug Plan)
*Part D Prescription Drug Plan, although part of the Medicare Program, is not offered directly through CMS – The Center for Medicare and Medicaid Services. If one wishes to enroll in Part D program, it is done through a private insurance company’s approved plan.